Thursday, June 23, 2011

Surprises to Come at QuarterYellow!

Hello Friends & Family of QuarterYellowStudios.

As you may know, we are home to artists who have never had their work on display in a gallery-like setting. In other words, it is your very own mini-gallery hosting opening receptions for emerging artists every FirstFriday. Not to mention, we book an established artist quarterly to really expand the network and enhance the experience of the other eight shows in a given year. QuarterYellow puts the artist through a rigorous process and then propels the artist's career through the exposure and practice of displaying an extensive body of artwork. As manager of QuarterYellowStudios I strive to enhance the experience for each artist by allowing them full creative reign and support through my extensive arts culture network. With that said we are excited for the next several months here!

QuarterYellowStudios was started by two 20 year old college students working to save money for grad school one summer in a small sunroom with little to know idea of what we were getting ourselves into. QuarterYellow is located at 33 Court Street in Binghamton, N.Y. with and extensive network throughout the United States. JungleScience is the perfect venue and home to QuarterYellowStudios because of the unique environment that is provided by being part of an art laboratory. There is just something about showing up at the gallery to work and being invited and welcomed by world class art. And then being engulfed in the creations of and conversations with the other artists that are part of the JungleSciene Family. Starting to sound exclusive? Well it is not, more hierarchical, but none the less we open our doors to the public and invite you to come into our world and join in on our adventures on the FirstFriday of each and every month. [I am surprised I am even able to formulate this into words.]

As a friendly reminder~

If you found Brandon Scott's June Show Gourmet Ceramics to be exceptional, as I did, you can follow him to his next show at the Grand Royal on 8.5.11 to celebrate the grand opening and reemergence of the luxurious classy and very welcoming hotel.

July-SEE JULY FIRST FRIDAY POST!

Micah Donovick, sculpture artist and phenomenal downtown resident, details TBA, Opening Reception 8.5.11

Kate Clancy, photographer and Biology Major at Binghamton University, details TBA, Opening Reception 9.2.11

Jared Raphel, Sculptor and artist extraordinaire, details TBA, Opening Reception 10.7.11

Emma Mills, Leader of the Arts Community, details TBA, Opening Reception 11.4.11, www.panthercraft.com


Sneak Peak Artist Statement for Ms.Emma

I blunder through life soaking up information, and will not be expected to keep from disgorging the visions I have gathered. I have an extremely short attention span, bouncing between ideas and extreme multi-tasking are my creative medium- the only functional manner I can express myself. I cannot do so logically or reasonably with much effectiveness.


The permanence of ink appeals as a mindful legacy. I love making archival work. I make work with the self satisfaction that eventually my work will be stumbled upon, and touch a spirit through my marks. I practice a holistic approach to art making; allowing my experiences to lead me forward, and memories to draw me back. Everything must eventually balance, making peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment