Monday, May 23, 2011

End of Adventures Painting in the UnionUnderground

May 23rd, 2011

Total Time In: 65 hours
Progress: Unnecessary Details & Clear Coat


Today was a sad but good last day of painting! 
[Tomorrow I will add last minute details]

When I walked around the corner to the mural 
I saw two college graduates taking pictures, in front of the mural,
pretending to sit on the bench and sit by the lake. 

Words can not explain how I felt at that moment; 
experiencing others interacting with my art.



"Finished" Left half

"Finished" Right Half

I slowly started to paint in all the grass, which I will add more flowers to.
I also got rid of that damn bridge on the LHS (compare to pictures on older posts) and 
enhanced the lake. I still plan to add lily pads, frogs, and fish.


Above & Below: 
Close up picture of detail



Until tomorrow, 
when I can officially and rightfully state,
the mural in the union underground is complete.


A special thank you to Katie Howard and the SA for making this project possible 
and my dream of leaving my mark behind on campus come true <3

-KP-



No comments:

Post a Comment