Wednesday, June 15, 2011

June First Friday

June 3rd 2011
Opening Reception


The Artist & A Fan


The Show
Gourmet Ceramics by Brandon Scott


Pieces of Art In and of Themselves
The Gourmet Desserts

______________________________      

      Brandon Scott
Culinary Artist & Ceramicist
Artist Statement


From conception to completion, my art feeds me.   The anticipation of waiting for each handcrafted piece to become bone dry causes me to salivate. The process of firing them in a kiln, watching them transform, becomes my appetizer. The intricacies of glazing them before they are fired back in the kiln: it is my daily bread. When I look at each finished piece, I am mentally a more satisfied man. I am a full man. From there I place my art in the places from where their inspiration was drawn. From a small bathroom tucked away on the catacombs of SUNY Delhi, to the winding pathways that fill the forests of Vestal, my muse is all that is around me. Although the Gourmet Ceramics you see can take anywhere from just an hour to over a month to create, each piece receives the same care and attention deserving of a decorative piece of art. The pieces that lay in front of you tonight are there for you to enjoy. Who knows, perhaps one day you will have the pleasure to serve your guests dishes in a Gourmet Ceramic piece handcrafted by Brandon Scott.



Be sure to visit the site for the soon to be announced 
location of Brandon Scott's next show, a First Friday 
highlight and new member location with a special touch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment